Warehouse, Shipping & Receiving Assistant
Posted May 11, 2022
Position Title: Warehouse, Shipping & Receiving Assistant
The Warehouse, Shipping & Receiving Assistant is responsible for maintaining and organizing warehouse inventory. This role will pull orders for shipping, place inventory in the warehouse, maintain accurate record keeping in an ERP system and assist with any material handling in the facility.
- Accurately move and record all warehouse, shipping and receiving transactions.
- Schedule trucks for pick-up and delivery
- Prepare and label cartons and pallets according to customer specifications.
- Verify, approve, and document all incoming receipts and outgoing shipments for accuracy.
- Complete bills of lading required for shipping
- Load and unload trucks
- Maintain written and computer logs of shipments and receipts
- Work with UPS, Fed Ex, DHL, and other delivery companies to ensure timely delivery
- Prepare and ship samples for product development and sales people
- Maintain shipping room, warehouse and dock areas and the inventory in them in a neat and orderly manner
- Complete small pick and pack orders daily as required as well as larger LTL and FTL weekly customer orders.
- Maintain all inventory in an organized, clearly labeled and accessible system
- Provide back-up coverage for Shipping, Receiving and Production Kitting where needed.
Essential Functions: Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with other departments and project team members
- Provide problem resolution including process improvement
- Utilize ERP and Inventory Control system to analyze and report warehouse inventory accuracy
- Three or more years work experience in a shipping, receiving and warehouse role
- Strong inventory systems and controls knowledge and ability to work with others including providing direction to assistants as needed
- Certified forklift operator
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Problem solver with ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in label printing software and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word