Truck Loader, 2nd shift
Posted January 06, 2023
Job Title: Truck Loader, 2nd shift
Reports to: Production Manager
Location: Northwestern Glass Fab – Fridley, MN
Comp: $19 – $22 per hour + shift differential
We are looking for a Truck Loader who will be responsible for loading trucks, handling glass, and related products. Truck Loaders will stage and load trucks on a daily basis. Shift starts from 1:45pm to 10:00pm, Monday to Friday. This is an entry contract bargaining position which could grow into a much larger role.
The right person will possess good technical and communication skills. Most importantly, the right person will have a history of activities that align with our company values-
- We show up
- We bring it
- We do it right
Reports to Production Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
- Inspect glass for defects or flaws.
- Repetitive lifting of an average 50-75lb.
- Loading and unloading trucks.
- Staging items for loading.
- Operate in an organized and safe manner.
- Maintain tools and equipment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Report all unsafe conditions to manager.
- Wear provided personal protective equipment.
- Basic understanding of a ruler and measurements and be able to pass a measurement test.
- Able to stand for 8 or more hours.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Basic computer entry and ability to use other small devices.
Skills and Experience preferred but not required:
- Able to use power tools such as drills and saws.
- Operate forklifts.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Packaging, shipping, and receiving.
We offer a competitive package including health/dental insurance, flex benefits and paid vacation/holidays. Weekly pay as part of a contract bargaining unit. Paid retirement benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time