Sr. Human Resources Generalist
Posted January 06, 2023
We are seeking a Sr. Human Resources Generalist to join the team. The Sr. Human Resources Generalist is responsible for working closely with senior HR management to build and maintain a company culture centered around engagement and productivity. This position works across many functional areas including: payroll & benefits administration, employee relations, onboarding, offboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
As a valued leader, you will enjoy:
Greater opportunity for impact – You will have the autonomy and support to expand this business unit and further develop a talented sales team
Generous benefits package: Health, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life, 401k
Paid time off
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications, or related field.
- 5+ years Human Resource related experience
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides excellent customer service to our employee population by acting as a resource to the workforce while modeling Trelleborg’s core values and acting as a champion of company culture.
- Maintains employee records, data and reporting with the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Contributes to the development and realization of department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Supports recruitment efforts as needed by scheduling and conducting interviews, administering assessments, arranging travel, and maintaining the applicant tracking system.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and employee handbooks.
- Supports benefits administration, including employee communication, enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting and bill reconciliation.
- Works with third party administrator for FMLA/STD leaves to ensure compliance.
- Supports the development and maintenance of affirmative action program; collaborates internally to ensure proper EEO-1 and VETS-100 annual reporting.
- Actively participates in the planning and execution of employee/community events.
- Plans and facilities onboarding activities for new hires.
- Partners with managers and supervisors on performance concerns. Makes recommendations regarding discipline and termination. Conducts investigations and exit interviews as directed.
- Maintains compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Creates and maintains work instructions for department processes.
- Serves as a backup to other HR functions as needed.
- Other tasks or special projects as assigned
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, training recommendations and disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase employee engagement and retention.
- Assists international employees with immigration matters.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal resources as needed/required.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Provides coaching and mentorship to HR Generalists.
- Action-oriented, strong interpersonal, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Must demonstrate sensitivity and discretion with regard to confidential information
- Problem-solving mentality with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to consult and lead people
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 5 years: Human Resource related experience