Sr. Email Account Manager
Posted June 29, 2022
We’re hiring for a Senior Email Account Manager. This is a hybrid direct hire position with a local email marketing agency.
Candidates from the Twin Cities, MN are encouraged to apply.
We are hiring a Senior Account Manager for Email. In this role you will be the primary contact for the client and you will be engaging as an active advisor, contributor and project owner. You will offer strategic and creative guidance to your clients, identify opportunities for future partnerships, and lead the project team day-to-day. The ideal candidate is always up for a challenge, a critical thinker, confident writer, adept in managing competing priorities, and has strong industry marketing experience with email specifically. You also have a curiosity and enthusiasm for all things email – from strategy to execution.
To be considered for the position, candidates must have prior experience as a client lead in an agency or in-house setting. Please make a strong case as to how your experience and background demonstrate the qualities we’re seeking.
What do you bring?
- Experience in enterprise-level email marketing for national brands.
- Demonstrated experience working with enterprise-level ESPs and the ability to speak the lingo.
- Familiarity with Salesforce Marketing Cloud a huge plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with interagency teams.
- Ability to support strategy and guide clients and the internal team toward delivering on their goals.
- In-depth understanding of all aspects of digital marketing, representing the value of email as an important part of the client marketing mix.
- Strong orientation toward leveraging both data and creative thinking to deliver on client priorities.
- Impeccable communication skills — both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills both internal and external leading client project teams.
- B2C and B2B experience is a plus.
What will you do?
- Primary point of contact for clients and responsible for understanding client goals and how to deliver on these through email.
- Speak with authority about the range of digital campaigns across all channels.
- Responsible for creating the annual contract, and managing the work toward that contract.
- Lead for the agency team delivering on the approved contract, working closely with other assigned team members to ensure client satisfaction and overall profitability of the account.
- Assist in the creation of success metrics for the account each fiscal year, which will include profitability targets, team satisfaction, and account growth.
- Collaborate with other agencies to deliver on client assignments, while representing our agency’s interests per the signed contract.
- Work with the designated client contacts at multiple levels of leadership and responsibility
- Provide guidance to the agency team that delivers the work.
What do we offer?
We believe that eliminating systemic inequality and injustice towards underrepresented groups can only be attained when all aspects of our society are brought to bear: public, private, and personal. As part of our ongoing commitment to being a positive force for change, we encourage people from BIPOC and/or the LGBTQ communities, people with disabilities, and anyone from any marginalized group to apply for this position.
We want you to bring your whole self to work. As a part of that commitment, they provide 40 hours of paid time per year for you to invest your time in your community. Take a Tuesday to clean up the park with your neighborhood group. Spend time Thursday mornings tutoring young people at a school that speaks to you. You get to pick. We support you. Just let us know when you’ll use this time so we can cheer you on. Additionally, they have a matching grant program for donations up to $500 a year to 50c3 organizations that support this mission.
We offer unlimited paid time off and holidays, summer hours Memorial Day through Labor Day, 401(k), health and dental insurance, flexible spending account and long term disability insurance.
How do we work?
Together, as a team. We collaborate. The work we do requires that we all participate and do our best work. Each person is heard and respected. If you are invited to a meeting it is because we want you in the room (or on the Zoom) and want you to contribute.
Our team is currently operating with a “hotel policy” office model: You can do your work either remotely or reserve a desk in the office. Occasionally, we will expect to meet in the office or attend meetings on site with the client when the work requires it.