Software Engineer Lead
Posted April 11, 2022
Under general supervision, designs, develops, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and supports software applications to satisfy requirements of one or more user areas using application development toolsets. Relying on technical, analytical, and leadership skills, organizes technical work for a small team on one or more projects and provides comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest level. Works closely with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and make recommendations.
Key Responsibilities (Core Values):
- Ensures Accountability. Takes personal responsibility and ownership of successes and challenges.
- Communicates Effectively. Actively seeks out and communicates with key stakeholders in all situations.
- Resourcefulness. Determines how to meet customer and employee needs and finds the resources to get it done.
- Customer Focus. Every interaction is a customer and is handled with empathy and seriousness.
- Relying on broad experience and judgment, this role is responsible for accomplishing the following assignments and has substantial latitude for actions or decisions made with minimal review. These assignments are varied in nature.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of technical domains along with staying current in latest technologies
- Possess a strong understanding of systems programming and control languages as required by your domain.
- Demonstrate success in solving complex technical problems in more than one technical or functional areas.
- Understand business fundamentals and how technology can support business goals along with how to translate business vision into a technical strategy while understanding the financial implications.
- Influence others and solve challenging problems.
- Understand concepts of teamwork and team effectiveness.
- Develop work plans, establish timelines, and set goals for assigned work and work unit.
- Meet commitments on deadlines.
- Review activities, results, and recommendations with management and clients as appropriate.
- Drive improvement in existing business processes and assist in the implementation of new processes.
- Perform work thoroughly in a cost-efficient manner and at a high productivity level.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
- Prefer a minimum of four years of experience in: developing hosted web-based software solutions, developing Unit and Integration Tests, SQL Service or Oracle database technologies, software architectural designs (e.g., n-Tier layers, Business Logic, Unit of work, etc.), software development processes for Waterfall and Agile/Scrum, software requirements assessment/implementation, automated testing, continuous integration builds, automated deployment processes, source code repositories, and code check-in processes (e.g., TFS, Code Reviews, etc.)
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential material strictly in accordance with company policy, Risk Management Agency guidelines
- Ability to present a positive and effective professional image in all settings
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees
- Practical knowledge and experience in all phases of development
- In-Depth knowledge of tools used in .NET Software Development (Visual Studio 2012/2013, Entity Framework PowerTools, ReSharper, Team Foundation Server, SQL Server Management Studio, SSRS/SSIS packages)
- Motivated and focused on delivering quality results in a team environment (continuous evaluation and improvement)
- Ability to work as part of a self-organizing team
We use a proprietary talent engagement app to screen and communicate with applicants.
Apply Directly via the hoodo app below: