Sales Application Engineer
Posted October 11, 2022
Midwest Staffing is partnering with a strong manufacuturing company with a long history in Minneapolis to find a Sales Application Engineer. As the Sales Application Egnineer you will be responsible for all internal aspects of the sale of assigned product lines.
Duties and Expectations:
- Ensures that product line order intake of the product lines assigned are at or above budget and consistent with the Company’s policies and practices.
- Enters new orders and holds internal coordination meeting.
- Works with personnel in selling and marketing operations.
- Ensures that product prices and policies are timely and complete on quotation requests.
- Ensure that new product ideas are properly presented to the Sales Manager or Director of Business Development & Sales.
- Participates in strategic market analysis and forecasting.
- Establishes and maintains an excellent working relationship with all customers, external sales team, and other industry influences.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry price levels, policies, patterns and trends.
- Accumulates and maintains information regarding competitor’s product detail, market share, financial reports, personnel,price books, manufacturing facilities, strategies, strengths, weaknesses, etc
- Takes a leadership role in “product advocate” activities to help assure timely completion of new product and cost improvement projects.
- Generates and maintains product literature including sell sheets, brochures, presentations, etc.
- Responsible for contacting and coordinating with Marketing and other departments
- Provides guidance and suggestions to Field Sales Engineers, Sales, and Market Managers in formulating sales strategies.
- Provide data for the creation of order intake forecast.
- Responsible for reviewing specifications and processing multiple negotiations in an accurate and timely fashion.
Knowledge and skills needed:
- BS degree (electrical or mechanical engineering preferred) or equivalent industry specific business experience.
- 2 + Years’ experience in a technical sales roles.
- Computer literate, with knowledge of current operating systems and software common to business applications, i.e. – MS Office.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly on commercial, technical, management and employee relations issues with entry level through executive management.
- Ability to understand and utilize Total Quality Management Skills in evaluating problems and leading process improvement work groups.
- Ability to read and understand financial reports.
- Ability to travel world-wide on short notice. (10 – 15% travel)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Engineering Sales: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location