Posted January 11, 2023
This role is a hybrid of production design, print production and store marketing planning. The Production Designer is responsible for designing, producing, implementing and maintaining store signage as well as in-store marketing programs.
This role will sit within the Brand team but will work collaboratively with the Merchandising, Marketing and Store Operations teams. The primary responsibility of this role is to design, develop, produce and manage the rollout of monthly store signage programs and other misc. in-store marketing programs across four brands of pet stores with 165 total locations. In addition, the Production Designer will support store visual merchandising and produce executional documents and training manuals that educate store marketing teams on proper implementation and execution.
The Production Designer will act as the primary contact with external print and production vendors as well as manage our external print promotional and operational item ordering platform. This role reports to the Brand Director and Chief Brand Officer.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and manage monthly promotional signage, in-store marketing schedule, print production timeline, kit distribution grids and print productions specs.
- Act as a production designer for monthly in-store marketing programs including on-shelf promos, service signs, point-of-sale displays, wayfinding and window graphics. Oversee the execution of print-ready files and shepherd them through successful in-store implementation.
- Manage all external print and production vendors. Ensure all marketing pieces meet quality standards, are produced within timelines and are on budget.
- Communicate project timelines, budget expectations and status updates across all partner teams.
- Prepare large format retail wall and window graphics for print and manage external vendor installation of these programs.
- Create installation and placement guides for promotions and in-store signage.
- Assist with graphic design, and production design for new marketing programs.
- Communicate and educate visual directives, merchandising guidelines and presentation standards to field managers and stores.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally between multiple departments to assist in strategizing new ideas for temporary and permanent sign displays and graphics while maintaining brand guidelines.
- Understand the unique voice and tone of each banner and be able to translate into applicable visuals.
- Gather, organize, analyze and summarize frequent and substantive field feedback; prepare related recommendations.
- Address merchandising requests and updates from Area Managers, Merchandising and Marketing leadership.
- Source props, substrates, form fixtures and sign holders as needed. Develop and manage signage budget, print buying, and project estimating.
- Develop and manage signage budget, print buying, and project estimating.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous retail, design, and merchandising experience
- Work portfolio
- Strong production design and print production experience
- Must be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be well versed in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Deadline-driven, detail oriented and excellent organization skills
- Self-starter with ability to manage and oversee multiple projects
- Commitment to success; able to absorb feedback with an open mind
- Ability to build strong relationships across multiple teams
- Ability to manage a budget and work with a pre-determined budget
- Knowledge of offset and digital print processes
- Project management and production trafficking skills are a must
- Some instructional design experience is a plus
- Sense of humor mandatory
Our jobs are dynamic, fun and always fast paced. Our employment package is “best-in-class” because we’re committed to hiring the brightest, most qualified talent available.
Candidates from Twin Cities, MN, Boston, MA, Washington DC, Houston, TX, Chicago, IL, and Denver, CO are encouraged to apply.