Email Campaign Manager
Posted January 10, 2023
We are searching for an Email Campaign Manager This is a remote direct hire position with a email marketing agency.
This position does require travel to the Twin Cities, MN once a quarter to attend meetings onsite with a client or with the team.
Who are you?
You thrive on distilling complex projects into a clearly mapped plan. You enjoy the challenge of anticipating and mitigating potential roadblocks. You understand the importance of being detail oriented and thorough, even in a fast-paced agency environment. You are proactive, curious and resourceful, eager to solve problems and deeply understand the people, processes, and tools that you interact with. You are collaborative, personable and promote a teamwork mentality.
The team is hiring a Campaign Manager – Email. In this role you will be managing implementation, integration, and email build projects through defining and executing project plans, assigning appropriate resources, ensuring adherence to project scope, taking actions to ensure deadlines can be met if/when project conditions change, and communicating project status to key internal stakeholders and clients.
What do you bring?
- At least 5 years of successful small and large scale project management experience, including the development and management of processes, budgets, and work plans.
- Experience with email project management:
- Processes and production
- Testing, QA and deployment
- Best practices, concepts, and trends
- 3rd party integrations
- Metrics and KPIs
- Working knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud or comparable ESPs (Salesforce Marketing Cloud certification a plus!)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team collaboration skills that maximize contributions and effectiveness of the group.
- Self-initiative, sound judgment/reasoning, decision-making, negotiation, organized and outcome-focused project management skills.
- Experience and comfort in communicating and working with a variety of team members, ranging from senior leadership to creative to design to development.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile methodologies and tools a plus.
What will you do?
- Build email project estimates and timelines in collaboration with agency team members; identify potential risks and establish project milestones; bring projects to completion on time and on budget.
- Define project responsibilities and clear deliverables with team members; monitor and communicate scope, timing updates and status reports through regular project meetings and check-ins.
- Coordinate the efforts of the internal creative and technical development teams, as well as client contacts, to develop email campaigns.
- Coding experience isn’t needed, but familiarity with the development process/workflow is helpful.
- Prepare and execute email campaign deployment:
- Assembly of email components in custom editor.
- List management and segmentation – translating client needs into criteria for execution.
- Testing emails and validating personalization and dynamic content.
- Create and maintain project documentation such as project plans, requirements documentation, and status reports.
What do we offer?
Our client believes that eliminating systemic inequality and injustice towards underrepresented groups can only be attained when all aspects of our society are brought to bear: public, private, and personal. As part of our ongoing commitment to being a positive force for change, we encourage people from BIPOC and/or the LGBTQ communities, people with disabilities, and anyone from any marginalized group to apply for this position.
Our client wants you to bring your whole self to work. As a part of that commitment, they provide 40 hours of paid time per year for you to invest your time in your community. Take a Tuesday to clean up the park with your neighborhood group. Spend time Thursday mornings tutoring young people at a school that speaks to you. You get to pick. They support you. Just let them know when you’ll use this time so we can cheer you on. Additionally, they have a matching grant program for donations up to $500 a year to 50c3 organizations that support this mission.
They offer unlimited paid time off and holidays, summer hours Memorial Day through Labor Day, 401(k), health and dental insurance, flexible spending account and long term disability insurance.
How do we work?
Together, as a team. We collaborate. The work we do requires that we all participate and do our best work. Each person is heard and respected. If you are invited to a meeting it is because we want you in the room (or on the Zoom) and want you to contribute.
Our team is currently operating with a “hotel policy” office model: You can do your work either remotely or reserve a desk in the office. Occasionally, we will expect to meet in the office or attend meetings on site with the client when the work requires it.