Distribution Account Manager—Metal, Shower Door, OEM
Posted June 24, 2022
Job Title: Distribution Account Manager—Metal, Shower Door, OEM
Department: Distribution Sales
Reports to: General Manager
Location: St. Germain’s Glass Company – Duluth, Minnesota
Comp: $50K to $60K
Established in 1891, St. Germain’s Glass is an employee-owned company with deep roots established in the Duluth area. St. Germain’s continues to be a leader in the glass, glazing and distribution industry for the upper Midwest. Our markets include wholesale distribution and fabrication of glass and architectural aluminum products, glass service and contract glazing.
JOB SUMMARY: Work with distribution-based customers to meet their needs and grow their business in glass, metal, plastics, hardware, and other products offered by St. Germain’s Glass
- Quote customer requests
- Write up all orders to complete projects.
- Secure bids from vendors when appropriate.
- Manage all jobs from initial bidding to billing. Includes writing orders, take offs, coordinating delivery and product completion.
- Cost and bill all projects
- Troubleshoot with customers when necessary.
- Establish good working relationships with our customers.
- Ensure projects are bid with the appropriate material, labor, and accuracy.
- Maintain an open communication with the distribution sales staff to ensure customers are taken care of and using St. Germain’s Glass for their glass, metal, and plastics needs.
- Work with our metal shop and delivery department to coordinate on-time deliveries.
- Work with vendors to secure the best pricing and lead times for all projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College graduate or High School diploma with 3+ years’ experience
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong technical/math skills (Mathematics/Geometry).
- Ability/desire to work in a fast paced industry.
- Strong attention to detail with good organizational skills
- Ability to read, interpret and understand glass specifications to provide accurate bids.
- Ability to understand and apply all the variables that drive a price.
- Knowledge of glass fabrication preferred.
Education and Experience
- High school graduate required, Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s degree preferred
St. Germain’s Glass prides itself on serving a diverse customer base with glass repair, replacement and installation for residential and commercial projects.