Posted April 11, 2022
Address –Anoka, MN 55303
Position: CNC Machinist
Salary: $25/hr – $34/hr
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and machine work of moderate complexity and difficulty.
- Inspect work using gaging and inspection devices to verify conformance to specifications.
- Meet expectations for productivity and quality and strives for continuous improvement.
- May train others, troubleshoot, or work with support groups as needed.
- Participates in continuous improvement practices such as 5S, Kaizen events, value stream mapping or other improvement projects or teams.
- Work to achieve work center guideline certification.
- Follows guidelines established for work scheduling and understands delivery objectives.
- Communicates pertinent information well with others and is a team player.
- Good work ethic and maintains good attendance.
- Report any machine or process problems or variances to foreman.
- Able to perform multiple tasks running several machines simultaneously.
- Perform various other duties as assigned by foreman/manager.
- Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of this position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Knowledge of tooling, fixtures, products and processes.
- Must have an understanding of the machines (including basic programming features) and of the working properties of the various materials used in the manufacture of Mate products.
- History of good work standards, good quality, and team participation.
- Competent in the operation and performance of multiple machine tools.
- Computer skills, including a working expertise with computerized workflow systems.
- Must be able to qualify simple parts using a variety of inspection equipment.
- Good mathematical skills and ability to understand basic GD&T.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Degree/Diploma from technical school or a minimum three to five years of related machine shop experience.
- Minimum of three years setting up and operating various machine tools.
MACHINES AND OPERATIONS
Individual should be knowledgeable and proficient in the operation of at least two manual or conventional machines as well as two different types of CNC machines found within the department. Individual should also be proficient on set ups and familiar with shop floor or conversational programming while being efficient at completing non-standard products assigned to the team.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, part prints, process documentation, and work center guidelines.
- Micrometers to 6 inches
- 6” scale
- Kennedy Box or equivalent
- Pliers, screwdrivers, wrenches, ball peen and soft hammer
- Dial Caliper, indicator, clamp, and magnetic base
- Telescoping gages, protractor
- Other tools as required by the specific machines or jobs being run by this employee
- Hex wrench set
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand for up to 3 hours between breaks
- Use hands to the finger
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel or crouch.