Posted May 11, 2022
Responsibilities include gathering drawings and specifications, calculating material and equipment requirements, and setting up production methods. If you have hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software and are familiar with building processes, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll help us build functional, secure, and well-designed structures that meet our client’s needs.
Opportunity located in the Fargo area and will consider candidates ranging from new grads to experienced.
Architectural Intern – Landscape, Building, & Environmental Design
- Must have experience with drawing buildings from the ground up
- Liaise with architects and engineers to gather product and structural requirements and designs
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials
- Describe production methods step-by-step (including equipment and software types to be used
- Create detailed designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Design diagrams, maps, and layouts to illustrate workflow
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
- Create manuals that describe existing products’ operation, features, and maintenance
- Proven work experience as a Drafter or similar role
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (AutoCAD) and Revit software
- Working knowledge of Lumion, or equivalent rendering software
- Working knowledge of graphics applications including Sketch-Up, Photoshop, Illustrator, and In Design is a plus
- Familiarity with 3D modelling tools
- Good math skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must possess a valid driver license with a clean driving record
- Ability to travel to attend project meetings, conduct on-site consultations and assessments, and meet with team members
We use a proprietary talent engagement app to screen and communicate with applicants.