Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Posted May 13, 2022
The purpose of this position is to pack and prepare customer orders for shipping, receives material and equipment, and loads and unloads delivery trucks according to established procedures and shipping regulations, meeting customer delivery requirements and following company quality and safety standards.
Level of Authority: Individual Contributor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. Count, weigh, and package parts coming from various areas of production.
2. Pick orders from stock or from staging area.
3. Prepare product for shipping to customers.
4. Ensure customer order and product match; box, crate, and package as necessary.
5. Process shipments using carrier software and company database systems, ensuring on time delivery to customer delivery requirements.
6. Load delivery trucks with outgoing products and unload delivery trucks with incoming materials.
7. Verify the quantity and quality of material received.
8. Place incoming material into the company database system and into storage.
9. Pull materials from storage or inventory and deliver to requesting recipients, as needed.
10. Complete and maintain all required paperwork.
11. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
12. Ensure recycling of cardboard from incoming shipments.
Qualifications and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Education and/or Experience- requires education generally equivalent to a high school diploma and one to three months related experience to become familiar with equipment and processes.
2. Language Skills- ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information one on one and small group situations to customers, vendors, and other employees of the organization.
3. Mathematical and Reasoning Ability- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
4. Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
5. Physical Demands- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; reach above shoulders; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and use foot/feet to operate a piece of equipment. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
6. Work Environment-The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We use a proprietary talent engagement app to screen and communicate with applicants. Apply Directly: https://hoodo.app.link/4iGOFHvn0pb